Elise's Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Abigayle's Birthday!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

More, as per requested :-P

Lots of things having been happening around here... mainly in my head at 4 am when I can't get to sleep!

Elise is doing great! Still growing like a weed. Her little legs are getting so chubby she is getting dimples in them. Her chin has developed a twin that hangs out right behind the original, and her cheeks are just so kissabley fat! For the most part, she is a pretty happy girl. We have settled into - dare I jinx it? - somewhat of a "normal" routine. Eat at ~10:30ish pm, got to bed. Wake up, eat at ~2:30ish am, go to bed. Wake up, eat at ~6:30ish am, go to bed. Wake up, eat at ~9:30ish am. Play. Watch mobile, read a book, tummy time, bouncy seat, swing - all these fall into the "Play" category. Take a nap ~11:30ish. Wake up in an hour and repeat until night. For the most part, she is happy. Seems as if we are beginning to have a bit of a problem with reflux though. I intend to ask the doctor on Monday what we can do to help make it better. Her poor little guts are still giving her problems from time to time as well, but nothing like it was those first 2-3 weeks.

I can't believe she will be 2 months old tomorrow!!! Just amazing how time flies by when you are looking back on it, and how slow it seems to go sometimes when you are looking forward. Depending on the day, when you are in the present it can be either slow or fast. Talk about relativity.

Random thoughts:

Yesterday when I was cuddling with her after she fell asleep I was thinking that I just wanted to "hug her, and squeeze her, and call her George" so badly, and how sweet it would be when she could hug me back. I can hardly wait!

Her laugh is coming! Today she almost squealed when we were playing.

She abhors tummy time, unless she is on my tummy looking at me. She is progessing well, and can hold her up at 90 degrees for a few minutes at a time. Her little back it getting so strong.

She likes it when her stuffed giraffe and baby doll give her kisses. It makes her grin. She also likes it when daddy makes the giraffe run on her tummy - I think it must tickle a little!

And someday, she will probably hate me for this:



Watching her much beloved mobile:



Well, now that I have made everyone's download take forever, I think I should stop for tonight. Goodnight everyone!

7 comments:

  1. A friend of mine once told me that when you are a mom, the days are long but the years are short. How true this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second video with her cute little baby noises!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are busy, but....it has been 3 whole days!! :~P Nana needs her fix. Not that I'm counting, but only 23 more days until I can hold her and kiss her and squeeze her and call her "George"... love youins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a Terpstra afghan I see? Looks like the work of my mother in law. Love the page and the thank you card. I am sad I could not come out as well but that is the price I pay for having little furry babies. Hopefully soon we will see you guys. We really miss you and Really want to see Elise in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have an afghan from Mrs. Terpstra that is beautiful! But the one in the picture is one that my Aunt Kim made for her. :-D How does Christmas sound for your first meet and greet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the comments and pictures. Elise will indeed comment to you if she ever sees the picture in the buff. As Nonnie, I think it is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elise will indeed give you trouble for that cute picture in the buff, but as Nonnie I love it.

    ReplyDelete