Elise's Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Abigayle's Birthday!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Pretty in Pearls

Well, Friday she was 8 weeks old! I am guessing that she weighs at least eleven and a half pounds by now - she is really chunking up! She sure has grown - I can especially tell when someone else is holding her how much longer she has gotten. We won't know for sure until her two month checkup on Monday the 17th. I am excited to see the real numbers!

We hung out around the house Friday, just playing together. It was a good day. I think I heard the beginnings of her laugh! She is learning to smile, and is just so cute. I keep trying to get them on the camera but they always seem to allude it. Bill picked up the pictures we took at Sears - they were finally ready!

Saturday Bill let me sleep in while he took care of her. It was much needed. I have not been sleeping well for the past week. I toss and turn for an hour or so after she goes to bed (anywhere from 10:30-11:30pm) and then am up with her again 3-5 hours later. Usually not able to get back to sleep after that feeding until after Bill leaves at 7am. Makes for very long days. Saturday afternoon we took a drive up near Diana (about 10 minutes north of Longview). Bill and I have begun to look for a house. We are not quite ready to buy yet, but we are keeping our eyes open in that area. We saw a couple up there that looked interesting.

Today has been a challenging day. I am just plain tired. The crying is starting to grate, and I am obscenely irked that I have not been able to get a good picture of her all day. She looks so cute today, but anytime I get her in a good spot to take a picture all hell breaks loose. So today's picture is her cuteness + screaming. :-/

One of my other favorite outfits (courtesy of her Great Aunt Royann) that she wore Saturday




Looking at her angels


Pretty in Pearls, screaming


Pretty in Pearls, take 2



I really wish I could post some video files, so you could see her playing in her bouncy seat, watching her mobile, etc. She just looks and sounds so adorable and I am sorry you guys are missing out on it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the lovely joys of motherhood! Just wait until you get her just right for a picture and she gets up and runs! HAHA! Or, Aidan's new thing is to make silly faces or hide his face when the camera comes out. She looks cute in her pearls!

    ReplyDelete